ATTENTION CLIENTS: COVID-19 UPDATE
As of March 19, 2020, the Montague and Souris veterinary clinics remain open, however, we are operating in a limited capacity with reduced staff. For the time being, we will be seeing only urgent/emergency appointments, as well as postponing elective surgeries. Should you have an appointment booked and have not yet received a call to reschedule, you will be hearing from us shortly.
In order to ensure that we can remain open to provide essential veterinary services to eastern PEI, we are adjusting the way we operate. The following are necessary changes we are making to keep the general public safe as well as to keep the clinic in operation:
**Please notify us immediately (over the phone) if you, or someone you have been in contact with, has recently travelled outside of Canada or to areas with documented positive cases,
Notify us if you have any signs of a cough, fever, or respiratory illness. **
– We ask that you remain at your vehicle and call us (902-838-2281 for Montague, 902-687-3266 for Souris) if you need service.
– Drop-off service only: a technician or assistant will come to your vehicle to bring your pet inside for an exam.
– Telemedicine options are available if requested, please ask us for details. (These can include routine/non-urgent medical questions).
– Medical history and discussion of treatment plans will occur over the phone as much as possible. Please let us know the best number to reach you.
– We ask that you try to maintain social distancing of approx 1 meter.
– We can take payment over the phone, e-transfers, as well as payment at your vehicle.
– Maximum 2 month supply for prescriptions/food.
– We have adopted thorough cleaning practices for all areas of the clinic. Areas frequently in contact with the general public (payment terminals, doorknobs) are disinfected in between clients.
– To accommodate extra cleaning measures we will have limited appointments available throughout the day.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding while we navigate this developing situation. We are unsure how long these measures will need to be in place, but as soon as we can resume normal services we will be sure to notify you. We wish all of our clients the best and hope that you all stay safe and healthy.
Montague and Souris Veterinary Clinics